Monday, August 25, 2008

Go Michelle!


It feels so good to have hope. I actually was looking forward to watching the coverage of the Democratic National Convention last night, to see what Michelle Obama had to say. I was surprised at how moved I was by her speech and the others before her. Political conventions don't usually bring me to tears (well, I suppose the Republicans might, were I to watch them, but that is a different kind of crying altogether).


Watch the speech here, if you didn't already. And the movie.





At the gym this morning, I saw an ad which included this picture: I couldn't hear what the ad said, because the tv was muted, but it didn't really need more than the picture. I just love this. I have so many ideas about this picture.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I teared up at Michelle Obama's speech. I teared up at Hillary's speech. And I actually cried as they had Hillary do the nomination late this afternoon. It's an incredible process and I'm so proud to be even a sideline part of it. Yeah!

As for that last photo. That makes me tear up for other (gah!!!) reasons. *eye roll*