Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One of my Heroes


I had the privilege of seeing Jimmy Carter speak in Seattle 6 or 7 years ago and I was so very impressed with what he had to say about past and contemporary topics. His answers were intelligent, compassionate, and realistic. I remember feeling like I wanted to sit down with this man and ask him what I should think about many more topics, because he just made sense to me. I don't usually want someone else to tell me what to think; quite the opposite, I can be resistant to having my opinions influenced. But when you hear the words of someone with Carter's experience, with his combination of heart and brains, you want to hear more.

I was glad today, to hear some more. The man continues to be sharp, funny, kind and informed. I am listening. I hope others will, too.

No comments: