Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dancing in the Dark: Earth Hour 2009

Earth hour took place a couple of nights ago and I participated by turning off the lights and unplugging some of the plugged-in items in our home. The official hour was 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. local time, but as I have been ill and going to bed around 8:00, I decided I'd try not to turn on the lights at all since daylight is lasting longer of late. The challenges for me were the dishes (gave up and turned on the lights since I didn't want to have to re-do them in the morning, and it was only 7:30 p.m.) and measuring my cough syrup (used the cell phone to see which bottle, and then just had a slightly larger dose than usual when I poured too much). No pictures to post but you can conjure up your own mental image of me fumbling in the bathroom with too much cough syrup and too little toothpaste.

Fortunately photographers were on hand elsewhere in the world where the event was a bit more dramatic.photo copyright REUTERS/Taipei 101/Handout

No comments: