Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Parking Karma

Dear Seattle Parking Enforcement Officer,

Please allow me to extend a sincere thank you to you for your kindness this morning. Despite the fact that I believe you may have entered in or begun to enter in my car's information to your expensive-ticket-generating machine, you were extremely gracious in not printing said ticket and placing it on my windshield. I was clearly parked in front of the sign stating that there was no parking from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., which was hidden in that leafy tree, and you had every right to enforce the parking law and ticket my ass. I don't know if it was my ass in my yoga pants that helped me avoid this ticket, or the fact that I came out of the studio wearing no shoes and a skimpy top, but regardless of what prompted you to be generous to me today, I am sincerely grateful.

I plan on paying it forward today, Officer, and with any luck it will come back your way sometime soon. Maybe that SUV that was about to crush your tiny little triangle rickshaw car will make a sudden stop due to an exciting text message. Or that irate psychopath whose car you do ticket will have already used their last bullet on the slow barista earlier in the day. Whatever the case, I hope the sun shines on you today under your cute little semi-official police headgear.

Gratefully Yours,

Christine

No comments: