Monday, May 4, 2009

Bank stress test

This morning I was listening to the news on the drive to work and was struck by the discussion of the "Bank Stress Test." All I could picture was a bloated banker on a treadmill in his suit and tie with the electrodes and gas-mask contraption strapped on him. Like the contestants on the biggest loser at the beginning of the show when they are evaluated by the doctor and he tells them that they have one foot in the grave. I took a look this evening and I was not the only one with this image in mind:
Bank stress test - Out of Line - Online Cartoons by Dan Wasserman, Boston Globe editorial cartoonist - Boston.comhttp://penroseonpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/geithners-stress-test-color-2-1-28-09.jpg

I also picture a seismologist setting off small charges at the cornerstone of some wall street brick building to see if the walls are earthquake-ready. I think there are any number of excellent cartoons to be created simply with the three words "bank stress test." What's yours?

No comments: