Tuesday, September 30, 2008

W.W.J.D.

For some reason, Yahoo thinks I'm desperately wanting to find Christian singles. The Christian fish sits on the sidebar above my inbox and saved mail folders like another navigation tool often enough that I don't really even notice it. Interestingly, Yahoo is able to determine that when the Christian dating service emails me, it is actually spam. So my inbox is not cluttered with Christian dating service emails, but were I to accidentally click above the link for my inbox, I could answer the burning question: Who Would Jesus Date.

As I started writing this post, I went to my email to check for the fish. Not there right now, it's a video ad instead. I guess Netflix has to have a turn at this lonely single gal, if Christ isn't getting called upon. Is it either/or? Looking for Christian love, or a hot flick? Why does Yahoo think I am single? If I were, I might actually go out instead of sitting home with Netflix.

Now I'll check my spam mailbox. Bingo, a Christian dating email. Dare I open it? I usually just delete everything from spam, especially since that time a few years ago when several people I knew at work (in the Elementary School!) had some very frightening and unpleasant, un-Christian photographs arrive in their email. Here goes -- oh, some images are blocked? Are these the naughty Christians? But Yahoo gives me an option to view the images. Now, the real dilemna -- what would Yahoo block that would also be arriving from a Christian Dating Service . . . I can't do it. I fear the certain fire and brimstone (and way more spam).

How convenient, now I can get Lasik surgery to more clearly see my Netflix movies and the Christian naughty spam pictures (the link above my inbox has cycled through to an eye surgery advertisement).

So, as far as my email host is concerned, I am single, repressed, lonely, old and have failing vision. I am also spending a little too much time interpreting the layout and contents of my email. Time to call a friend to come over and not hold hands while we watch "Fireproof" sitting a foot or two away from the screen.

No comments: