Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No more giving out dirty looks

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I celebrated prematurely today, taking a little victory lap at the gym tonight. Of course, I came home to discover a very irritating work email from a higher-up whose head tends to get higher-up her .. . . okay, as I was saying, victory lap.

Adelaide will come to school with me tomorrow and we'll say goodbye to the kids, clean my office (me), undo my earlier cleaning of my office (her) go to the staff lunch and call it good. Then the following day we'll head out on a mini road trip to the ocean to meet up with an old friend and her kids, a big treat as I haven't seen her in far too long.

I'm already feeling so much stress start to fall away. I read a book today, cover to cover, almost in one sitting. That to me says SUMMER and FREEDOM in a way that almost nothing else does. Still 50 degrees out and raining? So what, all the better for reading. And writing, which I am also looking forward to having more time for.

No comments: