Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New word?

I'd like to introduce a new word, which I feel is necessary and useful in our modern age.

Spampage:
(n.) 1) the act of forwarding copious amounts of email without regard to the receiver's level of interest (e.g. He just got a computer at home and now he's gone on a total spampage.) 2) the sending of "news" articles, chain letters, or religious propaganda via email to everyone in one's address book (e.g. Don't give grandma your email address unless you are ready for the spampage.)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great new word! I will use it often when referencing my mother-in-law's emails.

Christine said...

Glad you can use it. I'm thinking the antidote to the spampage might be to teach the sender to blog instead. Then they can post all they want without clogging up our inboxes.