Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hellooooo, Kitty!

The show "Wait wait, don't tell me" was particularly funny today. I was fortunate to have some time alone in the car and then even at home afterwards (hooray!) so I heard most of it. Some of the dialog was classic -- the commentators speculating about what Bush might do with a magic wand, for example. And how it might differ from what he was trying to do.

In one of their puzzles, they give three stories from the week's news, only one of which is true. They are all outrageous and oftentimes the most outrageous of the three is the truth. This week they talked about the discovery of some Hello Kitty Cocaine.
The funniest element to this story was the fact that they had a really hard time coming up with the fake news stories because they needed items that hadn't already had "Hello Kitty" on them. You would think it would be easy, right? Surely condoms would be safe. Um, nope.
Okay, how about an AK-47? That's about as
non-Hello Kitty as it comes, right? Wrong again. There are many choices of HK AK-47, in fact. Those were the 2 things they mentioned. When I started looking for images online, I found many, many frightening results. You can browse just as easily as I, I'm sure, but here are a few you don't want to miss. The HK molar (truly gross, sorry), which you might use to chomp
on the HK sausage pastry (even more disgusting).


Or pimp your ride with the HK car accesories, of which I am sure there are many. Like this exhaust pipe.

Or just go for a full-on, all HK, all the time car:http://jamiefan.com/?p=741
(this one has the most HK per cubic meter of anything I found, I believe)

How about converting your pet into an HK? HK?http://www.plasticbamboo.com/2007/07/27/hello-kitty-cat-hat/




There also seem to be many, many blogs and websites devoted to the love and hatred of HK.

I'd like to see what might happen if this guy (who describes his HK car as a "chick magnet" and needs what I call a "reality check"):http://serendipitously.wordpress.com/2007/08/08/hello-kitty-car-chic-magnet/
were to meet this guy (who seems to have devoted much time to weapons of mass HK destruction):
His website contains an amazing array of HK: contact lenses, body art, appliances, a large variety of vehicles, the list goes on and on. I believe he may actually make a living on the HK phenomenon, and more power to him if he does. I think I might have some pretty serious nightmares if I spent too long looking at these kinds of images, though.

All in all, there appears to be a lot of talk for a kitty with no mouth.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Holy hell. (I resisted the urge to say Holy Hello...wasn't that good of me?) That dude in the car. The CAR itself. Well, all of it. The world is a scary place, sometimes.