Sunday, December 12, 2010

Trimming the Tree

Tonight we put on Bing Crosby and trimmed the tree. Iris was a pretty cute stocking stuffer,

and present under the tree,
but her attack on the tree itself has me worried for tonight, when she will probably decide the ornaments all need to be captured, eviscerated, beheaded, and brought to the master. We did take the most problematic ornaments from last year and put them on the mantel rather than the tree, but I doubt it will be enough to stop her.
Despite Iris's potential to wreak havoc on the finished product, we had fun deciding where to put our favorites. Adelaide chose the tree topper from the collection of stars. She is almost tall enough to put the star on top on her own!
I was glad I still needed to lift her up to put it on (and glad I still can).
Now we are fully in the Christmas spirit around here.

No comments: