Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This Day Brought to You by the Letters G G R

My grandma Adelaide sends her great grandchild Adelaide money for her birthdays and for Christmas. Often I will chose something special with part of the money, and save the rest in Adelaide's bank account for her to decide its use at a later date. This time around, however, I cashed the check and took Adelaide for a special day.

First we went to see Lyle the Crocodile at the Children's Theater. It was a good show and fun for both of us.
Adelaide collected autographs after the show and posed for a picture with Lyle.
She was hungry after the show so we went over to the center house for some fish & chips. It was surprisingly good, though it's hard to go wrong with hot, salty and greasy on a cold winter evening.
We spent a little time checking out the huge winter village/train set.
I was reminded that there is usually a carousel and skating for the full-sized people, too, so we went down to check out the scene.
In a fit of overconfidence, I told Adelaide we could skate. They had a height limit on the use of the walkers, however, so after nearly taking Adelaide out we decided she'd be better off out there on her own.
She had fun and after a few times around, was getting a bit faster and more confident. She even did a loop without the walker, but clinging to the wall (and waiting for all the people like me who were inching along) wasn't quite as fun.

We had a lovely outing and enjoyed seeing all of the wonderful lights on our way home. Thank you, grandma, for inspiring me to do some special things with my girl this vacation. I wish you could have been here to see her smiles, but you were with us in spirit.

No comments: