Sunday, May 9, 2010

Generations of Mothers

I discovered this morning that Blue Tooth and my 90 year-old grandmother do not make a very good combination. I think I have had better success on the phone with her without the hands-free, and I shouldn't have added the headset because she really couldn't hear me this morning. But I wanted to call her to tell her that I love her, and if all goes well she will be able to look at this post today when my mom arrives to visit her. I am so lucky to have grandparents with whom I have a close relationship and who know my daughter, and she is so lucky to have a connection to all of her grandparents and her great-grandparents. Even though I have lost my grandfathers, I am extremely grateful that they were able to meet Adelaide and that she was able to meet and spend time with them.

A look back at some of our visits, first July 2004:
August 2005:
July 2006:
March 2007:
And a look even further back, September 1973 (Paige, Christine and David):
1955 (Adelaide, Paige, Joanne and Lucy):
Not sure of the date, but around 1915 (Howard Mayhew and Analou McCracken Mayhew, Adelaide Mayhew's parents):
1922 (Adelaide Roach McCracken and her grandchildren, Joe and Adelaide Mayhew):

No comments: