Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude

I am grateful.

I am grateful that I have a child to care for and love, and the means to provide her with what she needs and nurture her interests and imagination.

I am grateful for my husband. I am not very good at showing him, but I am grateful that he loves our child and works hard to be a good father to her.

I am grateful for my parents and siblings, with whom I can laugh and complain and enjoy every minute I am lucky enough to spend with them.

I am grateful for my friends, who support me and listen to me go on and on and inspire me to be a better person.

I am grateful to my colleagues, who amaze me with their hard work and dedication, humor and intelligence.

I am grateful to my country, who doesn't always have its priorities straight but still places human rights and freedom in the top ten and who elected a leader who might help us get out of this mess.

I am grateful.

No comments: