Friday, June 11, 2010

Great Philosophers exchange ideas, or "The Other Nietzsche Family Circus."



"Mommy, if you don't wanna bake a cake, I'd be OK with a pie instead." . . . "This window's lettin' the outdoors in!". . . "A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away." . . ."I'm so mad at Billy, but I can't 'member why!" . . ."Daddy, don't they make a BRIEFER case than this?". . . "They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.". . . "I drew this guy but he's too tall for my paper.". . . . “Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.”. . ."You're never too old to learn. I guess that's why Grandma knows so many things.". . . "What else did I do that was funny when I was little?". . . "Dyeing eggs isn't the same as killing them, is it, Daddy?" . . . "I'm a lot better at skatin' when I stay on the grass." . . ."Clean my room? . . . But I'm not done getting it dirty." . . ."Mommy, how did Daddy get little?" . . ."Mommy's spelling things on the phone 'cause Barfy's listening." . . ."I just figured out I'm unemployed." . . ."Do I hafta wear shoes with this skirt?" . . . "Who threw sunflower seeds all over this floor?" "Not me!" . . . "Daddy, will you move the sun, please?" . . . "Can you do anything with scenery besides look at it?" . . . "I'm ready if anybody wants to break something." . . . "Grandma, I'll keep it a secret if you want to tell me I'm your favorite." . . . "Why do I have to keep writin' in these K's when they don't make any noise anyway?" . . . "In a couple weeks that caterpillar's gonna get promoted to a butterfly." . . . "it's okay, Mommy. I didn't spill ALL my grape juice." . . . "Cameras shrink us so Grandma can carry us around in her wallet." . . . "Daddy, are you feelin' under the weather or over the weather?" . . . "My left leg weights 'zactly the same as my right leg." . . . "I was just yawning 'cause PJ did it first." . . . "I'd make a good teacher, Mommy. I just taught PJ his alphabet up to C, 'cept sometimes he forgets B." . . . "i'm sorry. I think my fingers got away from me." . . . "it's too close to dinner for a cookie." "Can't dinner be later?". . . "I don't know if I'm rarin' to go, 'cause I don't know what 'rarin means." . . . "Why's it called that? It doesn't have any ticks, tacks, or toes!" . . . "How many one-of-a-kinds are there?" . . . "We're makin' mother's day cards at school! But we're not to tell a soul, 'cause it's a secret." . . . "No, how 'bout we play Hide-and-DON'T-Seek." . . . "I left my shirt untucked so I don't need a napkin." . . . "No way did I do it. I can draw a lot better than that." . .


All quotes copyright Bill Keane. Don't try to take credit, Nietzsche!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why is there no way to monetize these fabulous ideas? It's like my friend's daughter's idea to have a Darth Vader "Word of the Month" calendar. So funny, and yet only about ten people would buy it. But they'd be such happy, happy people. -Sarah S.

Christine said...

I consider it karma - one must give what one can to the world. And the the world (or the world wide web) gives back.