Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dumb Stuff Yahoo Calls News

Every time I sign out of my email account, I read the headline-blurb on the Yahoo home page. I hesitate to call this a headline, as that carries with it the implication that there is some sort of "news" it is relaying, but you get my drift here. I am frequently amused, occasionally annoyed, and often just perplexed at why anyone would care to know what is being posted there.

Tonight's headline read as follows: "Ranch dressings put to a blind taste test" and the blurb followed up with: "Food experts find that one popular brand stands out because of a "well balanced" taste. Another is 'too tangy'"

I will leave the links in place, not because I actually followed them or suggest that you do so, but perhaps you need to know more. I briefly thought I was actually on a link for the Onion, which would have made a lot more sense. I wish now that I had collected more of these informative tidbits to share, but I'm thinking this may need to become a regular feature of this blog. After all, when you need to know about cutting edge news, "Much Ado About . . . " is where you turn to, no?

No comments: