Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dumb-ass Curtain

I've been into hanging out in the living room in the evenings lately, and one of my pre-bedtime (hers, not mine) activities is to close the blinds as it begins to get dark outside. Recently Adelaide has been coming in and opening them after dinner, because she likes to look out at the action on the street while she enjoys her last few minutes of free time. Sometimes it seems like I close them and two minutes later they are open again.

The other night I got a little irritated because in between bedtime tasks Adelaide came out and opened the blinds. It wouldn't have mattered, but next on the list was putting on her pj's, which I prefer she not do in the front window, on display for the PCC shoppers heading back to their cars. I closed them again, and vowed to just leave them open until she is in bed in the future to avoid the annoyance.

Later that night as I got under the covers I saw that the curtain on the window at the foot of my bed was not all the way drawn. This one has to be closed or else a particular streetlight shines directly on my face. I sat up, reached way down to pull in shut, and settled back in. Within 5 seconds, the cat leaped up on the bed and pawed open the curtain. Not once, but 3 times I had to close the stupid thing, until her final attempt when I yelled sharply and pulled back my arm as if I were going to hurl something at her.

No comments: