Thursday, December 10, 2009

www.northpole.net

Dear Mr. Claus,

Now that my five year-old is literate, I fear that you are going to disappoint this year. I actually pretty much gave up your identity last year in the hopes that this year we could transition to the "tradition" of Santa (nod, nod, wink, wink, "Santa" is coming tomorrow). But the five year-old is insistent that she not be a part of any stocking-stuffer purchases for her Dad, because it is Santa's job. Okay, fine, I won't be a grinch and I am glad my kid is not the Kindergarten Christmas spoiler, but then again unless you are checking blogs for wish lists and doing some online shopping, the following will not be under the tree on Christmas morning:That would be "a candy canes [sic] and a clarinet and a dog and a sword."

I can handle the candy canes, but let me make it clear that my Christmas list includes the absence of any additional living creatures, noise-making items and weapons in our household.

Thank you for your attention in this matter, Mr. Claus.

Sincerely,

Christine

No comments: