Saturday, December 19, 2009

A little more about me . . .

We did an early Christmas today, in part because of our travels plans, and in part to enjoy the time off before we leave with new things to do rather than frenzied anticipation.

Adelaide's gifts to us included some fabulous pirate telescopes crafted this morning at 5:45 a.m. (after an hour of telling her it was the middle of the night, I gave up and told her that she could be up if she stayed in her room with the door closed) and several lovely and touching school projects enclosed in this envelope:My favorite gift was a book Adelaide wrote about herself. I loved every page, but I will edit myself and just show you some highlights.Not sure I agree that she has a flat-top, but her hair is about this long:
My favorite page:

When we laughed at the 50 grandmas and 30 grandpas, she explained that she wasn't sure exactly but she knew there were lots of them. And really, she's just off by a factor of ten, as she has 5 grandmas and 3 grandpas. And hers are all worth 10 regular ones, so in fact she got it exactly right.

No comments: