Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Retirement Plan


Well, this blog has officially made its first revenue, though I'm not quite ready to quit my day job. I suppose I would have more time for posting, but really the transition back to school for the whole household has been all-consuming and has left me with plenty to post about, but no energy to do so.

But, back to the big, big profits. Earlier this year I experimented with ads on the blog, mainly as part of my own education to see what kinds of advertisers would show up based on my postings. I took them down after a short trial. Then I looked into the Juicebox Jungle widget (can currently be seen on my sidebar). I haven't done a lot of posting about them, but have been keeping my eye on their website to see if it has anything of interest. Really, for parenting videos, I tend to go to momversation.com, which is a site where blog-writing moms have a virtual video discussion of a topic a couple of times a week. But the latest Juicebox Jungle gig is that they've hooked up with Paper Culture eco-friendly service which addresses and mails your cards for you (birth announcements, invites etc.). The link I posted has a 30% discount for you, my many loyal readers. The sidebar links to ecards, which I have yet to check out. Since I tend to be rather lame with the mailing of birthday cards in a timely manner I am a frequent user of the ecard, and am always looking for a new source since many of the freebies are less than impressive.

In case you're worried that I'm selling out and going big-time, I'm keeping any ad-related posting to a minimum. Again, just an experiment. And so far, drum roll please, the big payout? Twenty-five cents.

No comments: