Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not Just for Stir-Fry Any More

Tonight's dinner was a nod to two of my favorite meals out: The blushing lettuce salad and the tofu/veggies/brown rice and peanut sauce at the Sunlight. I often have a difficult time choosing between the two, and of late I have discovered a yummy twist: I order the salad without dressing (though the lemon tahini is to die for) and get a side of rice and peanut sauce. Then I mix it in the salad and the flavor combination is delightful.

Tonight I didn't feel like going out or waiting for rice to cook, so I sauteed some Quorn (naked cutlets, basically faux chicken breast) and used a jarred peanut satay sauce (trader joe's, 30 calories for a tablespoon, so very nice and not oily) over tomatoes, romaine and cucumber. Very quick and a flavorful salad.

No comments: