Thursday, September 1, 2011

All's Love and War in Fair

Yesterday we rounded out our Mom-Daughter day with an afternoon at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. It is a nice, traditional, smaller country fair that we have enjoyed together for several years now. We had a nice time walking the fairgrounds, looking at the animals and chatting.
This big guy prompted a review of the facts of life. Apparently there was a sow who was on the brink of having her piglets, but we didn't get to witness the miracle of birth just yet.
This lovely bird won my prize for best hairdo.
Another excellent coif, ala Elvis.
This one and his pen-mate both had some serious dredlocked bangs. Impressive.
I think my favorite animals to watch were the goats. I was unable to get any good shots of the ones head-butting for king of the bency, but this little fellow pretty much summed up the rest of the action (eating and sleeping). He was sound asleep with his head deep in the food bag.
We did our share of eating. Adelaide chose the shaved ice for her treat. I went with the scone.
We managed to avoid some of the nastier items on offer. The general obesity on display was a good deterrent, though I can't say I was tempted by any of these items.


No comments: